The Rotary Foundation is the charitable arm of Rotary International and is supported solely by contributions from Rotarians and friends of the Foundation. Through Foundation grants, Rotarians are able to advance world understanding, goodwill, and peace through the improvement of health, the support of education, and the alleviation of poverty.
The role of the club Rotary Foundation committee is to develop and implement a plan to support the Foundation through participation in grant projects and activities and through financial contributions. The committee’s responsibilities are summarized below:
- Develop committee goals to achieve club Foundation goals for the coming year.
- Educate club members about the Foundation.
- Encourage and facilitate participation in Foundation grants and activities.
- Ensure that your club and its members contribute to The Rotary Foundation.
- Ensure that your club is qualified to receive Rotary Foundation grants and that it maintains a system for managing grant funds as outlined in the club memorandum of understanding.
- Conduct inspirational Foundation-focused club programs at least four times a year.
- Contact your district Rotary Foundation committee chair to find alumni or volunteers to relate their experiences with The Rotary Foundation.
- Work with the service projects committee to develop signature and sustainable projects.
No updates at the moment, Log in!
No projects at the moment, Log in!