Meeting Racap, 4/19/2016
Posted By Scott Jones
Happy Tuesday, Rotarians.
Need to Know:
- We will be doing Marshfield’s first “Color Run” as a joint project with Marshfield Schools on May 21, 2016. We are all encouraged to solicit sponsors and to encourage people to sign up to participate in the Color Run through a link through the club website. There are three levels of sponsorship: Platinum ($500), Gold ($250) and Silver ($100). All paid entrants to the event will receive a t-shirt and goodie bag. Contact Adam Blanch with any questions about the event.
- Our next board meeting will be on noon on Thursday, April 21st at Southern Missouri Bank.
- Debbie Wiese is looking for assistance in organizing the upcoming ATV raffle fundraiser for our club. Please contact Debbie if you can help.
- On April 19th at 7:00 PM, Marshfield H.S. will be putting on a fashion show. Marshfield students have made all the clothes in the show.
- The Rotary Clubs of Springfield will be hosting their annual Rock ‘n Ribs on April 22nd & 23rd.
- The Community Foundation of the Ozark’s annual Give Ozarks Day will be held on May 3rd.
Our guests today were Les Rowe and Jordan Rowe.
Our speaker this week was Mike Cundiff, administrative director of First Fruits of Zion, which relocated from Denver, Colorado to Marshfield in 2006. First Fruits of Zion is a ministry, which publishes written materials and streams videos. It employs 21 people, 17 of which are local. The non-profit also maintains staff in Colorado and Israel. Mike chose to relocate his organization to the Midwest, and specifically Marshfield, for several reasons. He was looking for someplace less crowed, centrally located, with a lower cost of living, and an airport within 30-45 miles for ease of travel for his staff. He scouted the Springfield area and found that Marshfield was the type of community he was looking for. First Fruits of Zion was able to build a large building for a third of the cost of its rent in Denver. The friendliness of the people was also a major plus.
Marshfield Rotary Club: Raising the bar through leadership, giving and education.
Yours in Rotary Service,
Kristin Grace Krebs