Meeting Recap, 10/6/2015
Posted By Scott Jones
Happy Tuesday, Rotarians.
Need to Know:
- Thanks to Brian Drane and Jenny Gardner for organizing our Pizza in the Park social event last Tuesday.
- Next Tuesday (October 13th) from approximately 4:00 PM-6:30 PM, Boy Scout Troop 88 and any available Rotarians will be doing some mulching at Rotary Park. Please help if you are available.
- Our next board meeting will be at noon on Wednesday, October 28th at DD Hamilton. All members are welcome.
- Upcoming speakers: On October 13th, geologist Mel Troyler will be speaking about geology in the Ozarks. On October 30th, Niangua Superintendent TJ Branstetter will be speaking to the club. On October 27th there will be a presentation on organ donation.
- If you have any interest in attending Rotary District 6080 conference at Lake of the Ozarks from October 23-25 or are interested in learning more about how to get involved in an international project, please talk to Scott Jones.
- Go ahead and put this on your calendar now: our 3rd Annual Romance Raffle will be held on Saturday, February 13, 2016.
- Go ahead and put this on your calendar now: the Marshfield Easter Egg Hunt will be held on Saturday, March 12, 2016, with a rain date of March 19th.
Scott Jones presented a pin from Rotary International to Karen Stevens in thanks for her sponsorship of our newest member, Stella Harrison.
We serenaded Amy Wilkerson for her birthday this month.
Rotarians with club anniversaries this month: Jason Rust (member for 2 years), Adam Blanch (10 years), and Leslie Thomas (17 years).
Our speaker today was Tanya Sloan, a representative of Safe ID Trust. Safe ID Trust provides both identity theft monitoring and restoration services, to help restore members’ identities back to pre-theft status. Safe ID Trust is a membership service providing a kind of insurance to members and their families against identify theft. The company works with law enforcement, credit and banking companies, government entities, etc., to help restore clients’ identities. For more information about Safe ID Trust’s services and membership, please check out www.tsloan.safeidtrust.biz.
“I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers. It would be terrible if we just skipped from September to November, wouldn’t it?
L.M. Montgomery (1874-1942), Anne of Green Gables
Marshfield Rotary Club: Raising the bar through leadership, giving and education.
Yours in Rotary Service,
Kristin Grace Krebs