Meeting Recap, 11/03/2015
Posted By Scott Jones
Happy Tuesday, Rotarians.
Need to Know:
- It’s pecan time again. There are bags of “pieces” available at MFA from last year’s shipment (they are still good). The new shipment of halves and pieces will arrive later this week. A flier will be available soon. Pecans will be $10.00 per bag of either halves or pieces. Amy Wilkerson will be bringing some display boxes to our meeting next Tuesday for anyone who can sell pecans at their business. The pecans will still be available at MFA.
- Thanks to Amy Wilkerson and Michelle Cologna for presenting the Don’t Meth With Us program at Fordland Middle School this morning. They will be doing a program at Seymour on Wednesday, November 4th at 9:30 AM. Volunteers should arrive 30 minutes before the presentation. There will be a presentation for the Logan-Rogersville 5th graders on Tuesday, November 10th at 9:00 AM. There are opportunities to expand the reach of our Don’t Meth programs but more help is needed. If you would like to assist the Don’t Meth With Us committee, please contact Amy Wilkerson.
- Upcoming presentations: On November 10th, Courtney Ferguson will be speaking about “Walk for Life”. On the 17th, Stella Harrison will be talking about Legal Shield. On the 24th, Rotary District 6080 Polio Committee chairperson, Dr. Ted Groshong, will be speaking to us about Rotary’s polio eradication efforts. On December 1st, our club will have its annual meeting to elect officers for the next Rotary year.
- Go ahead and put this on your calendar now: our 3rd Annual Romance Raffle will be held on Saturday, February 13, 2016.
- Go ahead and put this on your calendar now: the Marshfield Easter Egg Hunt will be held on Saturday, March 12, 2016, with a rain date of March 19th.
Stella Harrison brought her daughter-in-law, Sandy Harrison, as her guest at today’s meeting.
We serenaded Adam Blanch and Doug Andrews for their birthdays this month.
Celebrating a Rotary anniversary this month: Jenny Gardner (member for 6 years).
Scott Jones thanked everyone for prayers for his son Ian. Ian is recovering from impetigo and is doing well now.
Our program today focused on club business. Scott Jones cited applicable bylaws pertaining to our officers and their duties, and on committee chairs. He then passed out a nomination form where all members present nominated officers and committee chairs for the upcoming Rotary year beginning on July 1, 2016. We will vote for officers and chairpersons at our meeting on December 1st. If you were not present but wish to express your interest in being an officer or committee chair, or if you would like to submit nominations, please contact Scott Jones.
Marshfield Rotary Club: Raising the bar through leadership, giving and education.
Yours in Rotary Service,
Kristin Grace Krebs