Meeting Recap, 6/28/2016
Posted By admin
Happy Tuesday, Rotarians.
Need to Know:
- Tonight is our Installation Banquet at Rotary Park. It begins at 6:00 PM. If you have not signed up to attend but can, please let Don Stockton or Sara Herren know immediately. We will be doing a ceremony to present the City with the $10,100.00 pledged for Rotary Park improvements.
- ATV Raffle Tickets are now available for purchase and for members to sell. Tickets are $10.00 each. Please contact Debbie Wiese to check out tickets. Debbie also needs help to man a ticket booth at the Rodeo this weekend.
- The Chamber is looking for volunteers this weekend to work the gate at the Rodeo.
- We need guest speakers for July. If you can suggest a speaker, please contact Amy Wilkerson.
- Don’t forget that you can make up missed club meetings by attending social events, working club events, attending board meetings, and doing e-meetings online.
- July 29th is Rotary Night at the Springfield Cardinals. For $15, Rotary members can purchase a ticket, which includes a Rotary-themed Spfld Cards shirt. Contact Amy for more details.
- Reunion Fest will be held on July 2nd.
Our guests this week: Danny O’Neal brought his grandsons Zackary and Jacob Mitchell.
Today we had presentations by our various committee chairs on their duties and goals for the upcoming Rotary year. Public Relations chair Karen Stevens will be working on promoting the club in the community, taking more pictures, and updating the club Facebook page. Jim Mayes is our Scholarship chair. Jim would like to see some fresh faces on the committee, so if you are interested in participating, please talk to Jim. For the past few years, the club has been able to award two scholarships each year. The committee would like to explore scholarship opportunities for vocational students. Brian Drane is our Club Administration chair. Club Administration organizes club social events and meetings. Brian could really use some help in organizing Fifth Tuesday events, so please talk to Brian if you can help. Don Stockton chairs both Heritage Trailways and Romance Raffle committees. Heritage Trailways will soon be ordering a dozen new memorial markers. The walking trail will also be sealed this year since the City has funds in the budget for it. Romance Raffle will be held again in February as a joint project with the Marshfield Area Community Foundation. Cynthia Black is joining Amy Wilkerson as a co-chair of the Don’t Meth With Us Committee. The project is expanding to Strafford and Buffalo.
Today marks the final meeting of Scott Jones’ club presidency. Congratulations to Scott on a wonderful year. Best wishes to our new club president, Amy Wilkerson.
“When the burdens of my presidency seem unusually heavy, I always remind myself it could be worse. I could be a mayor.”
Lyndon B. Johnson (1908-1973)
Marshfield Rotary Club: Raising the bar through leadership, giving and education.
Yours in Rotary Service,
Kristin Grace Krebs