Meeting Recap, 7/21/2015
Posted By Scott Jones
Happy Tuesday, Rotarians.
Need to Know:
- Our club will be conducting a Visioning Project for the club on Monday, August 3rd from 5:00 – 9:00 PM at Southern Missouri Bank of Marshfield at 1292 Banning St. (across from KFC). If you are interested in being part of this project, please sign up on our website. Food will be provided. For more info, contact Scott Jones.
- Our next Board Meeting will be at noon on Wednesday, August 19th at DD Hamilton. All are welcome.
- Go ahead and put this on your calendar now: our 3rd Annual Romance Raffle will be held on Saturday, February 13, 2016.
- Big thanks to Brian Drane. He has taken the mantle of chairman of our Club Services & Administration committee.
- Big thanks to all who volunteered at the Webster County Fair last weekend: Kristin Krebs, Tom Houston, Leslie Thomas, Charlie Thomas, Mollie Thomas, Scott Jones, Hannah Jones, Don Stockton, Connie Stockton, Gary Griffin, Danny O’Neal, Janie Sartin, Brian Drane and Kelli Drane. We had a great time and served a lot of people!
- We will be re-establishing a Service Projects committee. If you are interested in serving on this committee or being the committee chairperson please contact Scott Jones.
- 7/28: Melvin Platt, Rotary work in Central India
- 8/4: Jerry Nehl, Webster County Food Pantry
- 8/11: Ellen Rohr, Bare Bones Biz
- 8/18: William Cologna (Springfield Rotary), Rotary International Conference
- 9/8: Steve Dulle, District Governor (6080)
We had great attendance. We welcomed Gary Griffin back from his Leave of Absence (LOA). We were also visited by the store manager of Price Cutter grocery store.
We spent time reviewing the online tools available to us as Rotarians. We looked at DAC db, MyRotary.org and MarshfieldRotary.com. Among other benefits, these sites help us to stay informed, communicate, connect with Rotary International and keep our records current.
Yours in Rotary Service,
Scott A. Jones