Meeting Recap, 2/7/2017
Posted By Scott Jones
Happy Tuesday, Rotarians.
Need to Know
- Our Romance Raffle will be held on Saturday, February 11, 2017 at the MCC. *************Please turn in your ticket money and/or unsold tickets to Amy Wilkerson or Don Stockton ASAP. Set up for the event will be Saturday morning at 10:00 AM. If you are holding on to items for the live or silent auctions, please bring them to the MCC by 10:30 AM on Saturday so we can organize the auction tables. If you can’t bring the items on Saturday morning, contact Don Stockton or me (Kristin Krebs) by Thursday to make other arrangements. I need all sponsor receipts by 5 PM tomorrow (Wednesday, Feb. 8th)!!! If the auction item is a gift card/certificate/ticket/voucher, etc. (anything that will fit in an envelope), please turn it in with your receipt. If you weren’t at the meeting today and can’t remember what Romance Raffle job you previously signed up for, or you haven’t volunteered for anything and are available to work, please contact Amy Wilkerson. **************
- Upcoming Speakers: On February 14th, our District Governor will be here. Our speaker on February 21st will be Tom Houston regarding the Webster Electric Foundation; on the 28th, a representative of the MO Highway Patrol will speak to us; on March 7th, Terry Cantrell will speak to us.
- On February 14th, our District Governor will at our meeting to present our new Paul Harris Fellows (and Paul Harris + 1’s) with their certificates and pins. We have added 13 new Paul Harris Fellows/+1’s this year, so this should be a great event. We will also be inducting Tim Lewis as a new member. Please try to attend this meeting – adding so many new Paul Harris Fellows is a huge achievement for our club. Warning: there will be pictures taken in case you want to comb your hair or something.
- There will be a board meeting this Thursday (Feb. 9th) at noon at Southern Missouri Bank. All members are welcome.
- The Easter Egg Hunt will be on April 1st at Hubble Elementary.
- Our 2nd Annual Color Run is tentatively scheduled for May 6th.
- DARE graduation for Marshfield will be in May 4th.
- Don Stockton announced that the board has approved a pledge by the club of up to $20,000.00 in matching funds for the City’s new grant application to complete the “pour in place” project at Rotary Park.
Randy Slocum and T.J. Slocum were our guests today.
We “sang” Happy Birthday to John Benson, Joe Daugherty and T.J. Slocum.
Randy Slocum and T.J. Slocum spoke to us about their work raising money for the Ronald McDonald House. Ronald McDonald House provides families a place to stay while children are receiving medical treatment. There are two Ronald McDonald Houses in Springfield. The first opened in 1988 and a new one near Mercy hospital was opened 3 years ago. The two facilities provided lodging to more than 800 families last year and over 11,000 families since 1988. In the last 10 years, T.J. has raised over $72,000.00 for Ronald McDonald House. Next Monday night (February 13th) is Mc.T.J. Night at the Marshfield McDonalds. A portion of sales that evening will go to the Ronald McDonald House.
“Tradition wears a snowy beard, Romance is always young.”
John Greenleaf Whittier (1807-1892) from Mary Garvin (1856)
Marshfield Rotary Club: Raising the bar through leadership, giving and education.
Yours in Rotary Service,
Kristin Grace Krebs