Meeting Recap, 3/1/2016
Posted By Scott Jones
Happy Wednesday, Rotarians.
Need to Know:
- Per Don Stockton, our Romance Raffle raised approximately $18,000.00 this year, which will be split between our club and the MACF. Another successful event is in the books. Thank you to all who participated with sponsorships, ticket sales, volunteering, etc.
- Upcoming speakers: Kelly Coffey from the Boy Scouts will be speaking to us on March 8th. Bob Healy from Springfield Score will be here on March 15th to discuss entrepreneur mentor-ship. Dee Rose will be with us on March 22nd to speak about the Shared Work Plan. March 29th is a fifth Tuesday, so there will be no regular meeting on that date.
- Our next board meeting will be Wednesday, March 9th at noon. It will be held at Southern Missouri Bank. All members are welcome.
- March has five Tuesdays so we will be having a Fifth Tuesday Social Event on March 29th at the 1984 Arcade in Springfield from 6:00 – 8:00 PM.
- We will be having two new fundraisers this Spring/Summer and we are looking for people to help organize them. We will be doing Marshfield’s first “Color Run” as a joint project with Marshfield Schools. It is tentatively scheduled for May 21, 2016. Adam Blanch is heading up this fundraiser committee. We will also be doing an ATV raffle this summer. Debbie Wiese is heading this fundraiser committee. Naturally we will all need to get involved later in selling tickets, working events, etc; but Adam and Debbie need help in planning these projects, so please contact them to get involved.
- The Marshfield Easter Egg Hunt will be held on Saturday, March 12, 2016, with a rain date of March 19th. The gates will open at 10:30 AM and the Egg Hunt will begin at noon. The Don’t Meth With Us Committee will work concessions. We need volunteers to set up, work the event, and clean up.
- Niangua Interact Club will be sponsoring an Easter Egg Hunt for Niangua kids on Friday, March 18th at 1:00 PM at Niangua Schools. It would be nice to see several Rotarians there to support our Interactors.
- There will be a Community Health Care Day in Marshfield on May 7th. The Don’t Meth With Us Committee will have a booth at the event and will welcome any volunteers.
We sang to our March birthdays: Cynthia Black, Barbara Carroll and Brian Drane.
Happy Rotary anniversary: Jason Hogan (1 year), Rick Jones (23 years) and Stan Whitehurst (24 years).
Our speaker was Alexis Brown, Executive Director of Clinics and Patient Experience for Jordan Valley Health Centers. Jordan Valley is a federally qualified clinic, making it eligible for grants to provide discounted care based on income level. Founded in 2003, Jordan Valley provides medical, dental and behavioral services in Springfield, Marshfield, Lebanon and several other communities in Southwest Missouri. The clinic in Marshfield has 2 nurse practitioners, a physician, a dentist, and regularly hosts other rotating resident doctors and dentists.
“Wherever the art of medicine is loved, there is also a love of humanity.”
Hippocrates (460 BC-377 BC)
Marshfield Rotary Club: Raising the bar through leadership, giving and education.
Yours in Rotary Service,
Kristin Grace Krebs